- If you promise to do something for a friend and then aren't able to do it, apologize immediately.
- Learn from the ant, you lazy ass.
- Say to wisdom, "You are my sister."
- Say to understanding, "You are my female relative."
- Understand wisdom.
- Have an understanding heart.
- Forsake the foolish.
- Don't reprove a scorner.
- Rebuke a wise man.
- Instruct a wise man.
- Teach a just man.
- Stay away from foolish people.
- Commit your works to the Lord.
- Beat your children and don't stop just because they cry.
- Smite a scorner.
- Reprove people who understand.
- Take a garment from a stranger and a pledge for a strange woman.
My son, if thou be surety for thy friend, if thou hast stricken thy hand with a stranger, Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth. Do this now, my son, and deliver thyself, when thou art come into the hand of thy friend; go, humble thyself, and make sure thy friend. Give not sleep to thine eyes, nor slumber to thine eyelids. Deliver thyself as a roe from the hand of the hunter, and as a bird from the hand of the fowler. Proverbs 6:1-5
Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest. Proverbs 6:6-8
Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister. Proverbs 7:4
Call understanding thy kinswoman. Proverbs 7:4
O ye simple, understand wisdom. Proverbs 8:5
Ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart. Proverbs 8:5
Forsake the foolish. Proverbs 9:6
Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee. Proverbs 9:8
Rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee. Proverbs 9:8
Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser. Proverbs 9:9
Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. Proverbs 9:9
Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge. Proverbs 14:7
Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established. Proverbs 16:3
Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying. Proverbs 19:18
Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware. Proverbs 19:25
Reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge. Proverbs 19:25
Take his garment that is surety for a stranger; and take a pledge of him for a strange woman. Proverbs 20:16